Friday, February 8, 2008

How my Mind Works & other Strange Stories



Not an Oprah fan lately and haven't watched her like I did in the past. But last night I was tired, wanted to mindlessly watch TV and with the writers' strike there is nothing on TV. So, I caught the last 40 minutes of Oprah. Featured was new book, 'Does this Clutter Make my Butt look Big' and a family with weight issues and clutter issues. Since I am on an Eat Less, Move More and Work More, Spend Less regiment, I felt this was a good topic. And since losing weight for a middle aged woman is about as fast and entertaining as watching paint dry, I thought I could maybe pick up some pointers from the show. Well, what I noticed is that the woman on the show and I had the same tall, messy, stuffed cupboard of cookbooks. So, after my walk today I decide to tackle the cookbook cupboard and purge! But I am easily sidetracked. Saw the magic bullet and whipped up one of those peach mango smoothies (105 calories and delicious). Then I decided to post on the blog while enjoying the smoothie. I think I could get a lot done in life if I could just FOCUS.
On a side note I have been blessed to have the same boss for 11+ years. Troy, God bless him, sometimes goes on and on and on about nothing. Maybe six years ago this little phrase popped into my head and now I use it with him. When he is blathering on I interrupt him and say, "Did you just say my butt looks BIG in these jeans?" He forgets what he was talking about because as all women know that is a question that scares men silly. He stumbles back and then I go on doing my work without interruptions or weird ideas from him. Smooth huh?
Anyways, I thought it was interesting that the book title and my little mind game with my boss are similiar. I better go clean that cookbook cupboard. Hopefully I won't start reading the books and making the recipes. FOCUS! Excuse ME, did you just say my butt looks BIG in these jeans?

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Giggling, trying to FOCUS...especially since that's my "word for the year".
It's hard!

jkluginbill said...

So, does Troy's fish impression fall into the category of going "on and on about nothing?" Just wondering.

I just cleaned out my recipe/cookbook cupboard as well...I didn't want to post it b/c I thought people might think I am organizing crazy...

And...I'm not a fan of Oprah, but I watched last night (a bit) too...Weird.

Also, does Shelly have any good tips on Focusing? I need some work in that area as well...